Can the properties of polyethylene material be influenced?
Plastics were originally made of a few materials, but this has changed a lot over the years. Today, thousands of types of plastics are produced by adding various natural and synthetic materials.
Additives are chemicals that are added to the base polymer (in our case polyethylene) in order to improve functionality, increase lifetime, and help to achieve the desired physical or chemical property. The proper selection of the additive is essential for the product complies with the necessary requirements, as additives can significantly change the properties of the substance.
Types of Plastic Additives
- Anti-Aging Stabilizers
- Anti-Microbials/Bio Stabilizers
- Antistatic Agents
- Blowing Agents
- Flame Retardants
- Impact Modifiers
- Lubricants (External, Internal)
- Pigments and Colourants
- Plasticizers (Biodegradable)
- Process Aids
- Stabilizers (Heat, Light)
How are additives useful in plastics?
- They facilitate the processing of plastics
- They give a good look
- You can save money with it
- Provides security and reliability
- Gives longer lasting operation
- It respects the environment