Trocellen is very proud of being a cooperative partner to the European Commission-supported Homeskin project.
Trocellen has been producing a wide range of insulation products and providing solutions for the construction industry for a long time. We are constantly seeking the most advanced technologies and game-changing solutions as well as partnerships and cooperation to realize our ambition: creating comfortable space for people.
The project aims at a new class of aerogel-based super-insulating materials, featuring one of the lowest thermal conductivity of all existing solutions. Homeskin will develop internal and external insulation systems for walls and roofs and will enable further enhancements of the manufacturing technologies of such materials.
The project has received funding from the European Union’s “Horizon 2020” research and innovation program under grant agreement N. 636709 and will be realized in different steps over the next 3 years.
Expected benefits of the Homeskin project:
- Reduction of embodied energy and CO2 load by at least 30% at component level;
- Improvement of insulation properties by at least 20%;
- Reduction of the total costs by at least 15% compared to existing solutions;
- Demonstration of an at least 5% reduction in energy use during the whole life cycle of a building;
- Consolidation of a breakthrough technology.
List of Trocellen partners :
- Produits Chimiques Auxiliaires et de Synthèse
- Universität Stuttgart
- Institut de Tecnologia de la Construccion de Catalunya
- Association pour la Recherche et le développement des méthodes et Processus industriels
- ParexGroup Morteros
- Commissariat à l’Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives
- Kurt Salmon